Disclaimer: I have, in fact, not travelled solo yet but this post is every reason why I’m planning on doing exactly that!
Growing up, I’ve been very lucky. My parents have always been super supportive and we’ve always traveled a lot. Whether it was inside the country or outside, I have probably been to a lot more countries than people my age have. And I’ve always loved it, irrespective of whether I was a five-year-old, teenager, or a (young) adult. And for the last 2 years, an idea that’s been stuck in my head is “Travelling Solo”
I do realize that this idea could be a little strange for some people. Several people have asked me why I would want to travel alone? Wouldn’t I be lonely? Wouldn’t I get bored? And so on and so forth.
My answer is very specific to me and it’s been that I love traveling. Even when I traveled with my family or my friends, my focus has always been everything around me. Everything new, everything different from my usual. I love visiting the infamous streets and corners and I just love being one with the new city! Which means, my family or my friends, I, unfortunately, ignore them for the most part. Having said that, I have had several incredible memories with my friends and family on these trips as well.
And here’s the other thing. Traveling solo, it’s an experience! And an experience that could teach me a lot of things. So why miss a learning opportunity?
But more to the point, here are a few reasons to travel alone. And hey, I’m not recommending a lifestyle choice, but more of an experience I don’t want to miss!
- The Exhilarating Freedom!
- The Confidence to Travel Alone!
- That opportunity to Plan everything to what you want!
- Learning to Travel on a Budget
I know this isn’t much, but for someone like me, this got my heart racing!
But from past experiences, I have also learned a couple of things. So if you’re planning on traveling solo, here are a few things to keep in mind!
- Always take your Cash from a Bank, don’t exchange it at the Airport. (the price is always higher)
- Always check out the Google street view before booking your accommodation. Just to make sure it’s safe and secure
- Always arrive during the day when you’re traveling alone. That way, you’ll have enough light when you get to your hotel and city for the first time!
- Always, Always, Always get Insurance!
- Preferably, do not connect to Public WiFi
- Always Stay in touch with either your family or your friends. Just let them know what your plan for the day is, when you’d ideally get back to your hotel, and when you’ll check in with them. Just keeping people in the loop!
I’m still planning my trip. I’m thinking somewhere like Portugal where it’s safe, where I have friends I can visit, and the European Society that I am personally acquainted with.
So have you traveled alone? Where did you go?
Are you planning on traveling alone? Where are you going?
Comment and let everyone know now!
Travel Safe and Have a brilliant time!